Construction technology is a field related to construction engineering that deals more with the practical aspects of projects. Construction technologists or construction technicians learn some of the design aspects similar to civil engineers and some of the project site management aspects similar to construction managers. Prestige Park Square is one among the properties on Bannerghatta road which follows a typical new construction technologies to over come many problems while building a residential skyscraper.
- Types of Construction Technologies: Construction industry has a wide range of constructions suitable for every type of society. Commercial construction, industrial construction, domestic construction, heavy or civil constructions are a few examples that are now displaying master pieces of construction technologies.
Simple technological methods are usually preferred for domestic construction. These are mostly short term and low-cost projects.
In commercial construction, are mostly launched by government agencies. The basic concern is infrastructure that is responsible for strength and life of project. Thus, it is important to take care of the latest equipment, construction technologies, and materials.
- Technology in building designs: Technology is helping in the advancement of various construction processes. One of them is emphasis on designing buildings before practically constructing these buildings. One of such computerized systems greatly enhances the communication among engineers and designers, that are working on the project is, Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Innovations in Construction Technology: There are also many innovations in the field of construction technology as we can see; there is huge difference between new and old construction methods. Use of latest equipment has made its way through the civil engineering. Most of the building parts such as pillars, roofs, and concrete blocks are available in prepared forms that increase the speed of construction process greatly.
- The Green Revolution: The green revolution has also some effects on this industry. The latest concept has also emerged the global movement of saving the natural environment .It means natural environment should not be spoiled while constructing buildings, and materials used for building must be eco-friendly. It is actually an eco –friendly movement created to save our planet and require for both domestic as well as commercial constructions.
- Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED): LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environment Design) is the latest approach in construction technology. It was designed to check whether an industry is using an eco-friendly model for the construction.
- Hercules Single Strand Tensioning System: Now-a-days for the construction of bridges new technologies are introduced to reduce time and labor. Also it ensures the strength and stability for the project but also increases the overall cost of production. In early system, cables were drawn manually and then concrete was poured to enhance the sturdiness by using massive labor.
- Styrofoam Panels: It helps in providing good resistance to heat convection and used in homes for the heat control. Styrofoam panels are actually EPS foam that is sealed between steel sheets for strength and this foam works as thermal resistor.
- Unbounded PT Slabs: Unbounded PT slabs are being used in construction industry since long and have proven them beneficial. These are affordable for constructing modern buildings and are also considered reliable for their quality and strength. The unbounded PT slabs are light weight and flexible due to small thickness of its unbounded tendon.
Thus, construction technology focuses on construction and structural principles, safety standards, and the steps involved in the design, procurement and construction of a project.