What are the mandatory open spaces?
It has been quite evident from the various studies that parks or the open spaces have a pretty much positive impact on the residential projects and even enhances the property values. The open spaces are not just believed to generate environmental, health, social and economic benefits to the general public but are also beneficial for the homeowners and businesses as they result in increased property values. The benefits of open space also include that they are very important in making important decisions like zoning, restrictions on lands and several similar activities. Some of the benefits of open spaces include:
- Environmental Benefits
- It plays a crucial role to create more green space within a city’s boundaries which improves the environment in the urban areas.
- It is the proper landscaping which reduces the nitrate leaching from the soil into the water supply and reduces surface water runoff. This keeps phosphorus and other pollutants out of our waterways, preventing septic system overload
- The concept of trees in the parking lot can reduce the heat build-up, decrease runoff and enhance the cooling down effect at night.
- The dense cover of plants and bushes holds the soil in place, keeping the topsoil enact and reducing the chances of flooding, mudslides and dust storms.
- One of the most important environmental benefits is the improvement in the quality of air. The trees and shrubs remove smoke, dust and other pollutants from the air, thereby making the air suitable for living.
- Trees shading homes can reduce the atmospheric temperatures. According to the studies, it has been conclusive that the urban forests reduce the urban air temperatures significantly by the presence of obstructions like buildings and then returning humidity to the air through evaporative cooling.
- Social Benefits
- It is the placement of the plantings which offer privacy in the hustle and bustle of the city.
- From various studies on environment and behavior tells us that green spaces enable humans to cope up with the stress in one’s life more efficiently.
- The greenery doesn’t just relieve the stress but is even beneficial for the children in their concentration on studies.
- Health benefits
- Good landscaping increases community appeal.
- Gardening and the practice of working in the field highly contribute to a healthy life both at physical and mental level. Gardening provides an emotional expression and also helps to connect with others.
- The doctors have proved that people tend to recover faster when in a hospital they are exposed to a landscape view rather than just the view of concrete walls.
- In addition to this, the open spaces, the recreation areas and the parks in metropolitan regions not only provide opportunities for physical activity, but also economic benefits to the residents.
Any such residential project with such an impact in Bangalore?
Talking about the open spaces having an impact on the residential projects, one name that comes to mind is the upcoming project ‘Prestige Park Square’ by the Prestige Group. It is a luxury enclave of magnificent apartments. It offers 2 BHK and 3 BHK luxurious apartments at Gottigere in Bangalore. It has meticulously been designed with best of amenities which makes the project a must buy for any buyer. For more details contact – 8553159202